What happens if the Birth Father does not agree with the adoption plan?

Every situation is different, but generally, if the Birth Father has not been involved with the Birth Mother during the pregnancy and cannot show that he has supported her emotionally and financially, his parental rights can be terminated by the Court regardless of his wishes. In situations where the circumstance is not cut and dried, we may place the child in interim care until the situation is resolved, or with open disclosure of the difficulties being faced, we may place the baby with the Adoptive Parents.